- Take an astounding journey as you tour the Château de Chenonceau.
- Trip to the heart of France’s History: Discover the majestic Château de Chambord.
- Guided tour of two Loire Châteaux and Wine Tasting.
- Hear stories and anecdotes told by a passionate, professional guide.
- Enjoy fine wine during a Loire Valley wine tasting.
Loire Valley Chateaux and Wine Tasting | From Paris
Choose to reserve
Only valid from April 1 to October 31, 2019
only valid from November 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020
Valid all year long
Come spend an exceptional day in the heart of France’s Loire Valley. You’ll visit the Château de Chenonceau and the Château de Chambord, two of the Loire Valley’s most illustrious chateaux, with our tour guide. This trip deep into France’s history will be completed by a wine tasting at Chambord.
After exchanging your voucher with one of our agents at the departure point situated near the Louvre, you will climb aboard a comfortable, air-conditioned bus, which will depart at 7:15 am You’ll first head to the Château de Chenonceau, passing by magnificent landscapes, which are characteristic of the Loire Valley. Gaze out at fields as far as the eye can see as the Loire river rolls by, making for a peaceful journey. During the trip, our guide will give you some information about the sites you see. You will head up a magnificent alley lined with trees, offering an incredible view of the château. Our guide can offer you a presentation of this sumptuous royal residence nicknamed “the château of ladies,” since it was maintained and added to by several female characters over the years. The outside of the building seems to be exiting the water, which gives the château a mystical dimension. You’ll enjoy a one-hour guided tour in the Château de Chenonceau during which you will see furnished and florid rooms, and period tapestries and paintings. Our guide will tell you many stories and anecdotes about the château and the importance of female presence, which speaks to the French "art de vivre".
You will then have one free hour to have lunch near the château. Our guide will tell you about several places you can eat. You will then be invited to meet the guide directly at the bus parking lot, to head off to Chambord.
In the winter season, the lunch is included at Saint Hubert restaurant in Cour-Cheverny
After just over one hour of travel, the bus will pull into the Château de Chambord. Upon arrival at the Château, you will be astonished by the majesty of the edifice. The Château’s imposing architecture makes it the largest of all Loire châteaux. The bus parking lot is a few feet from the Château’s entrance, so you can take in the distinctive atmosphere around it. Then, you’ll quickly gain priority access. Our guide will bring you through several of the château’s rooms before you take the celebrated double helix staircase up to the large panoramic terrace. You’ll have a superb view of the park as you listen to commentary from our guide about the history of the château, which was built under the reign of Francis I with participation from Leonardo Da Vinci in the 16th century. Following this visit, our guide will accompany you to a wine tasting area within the château, where you can enjoy a wine tasting.
The coach will leave Chambord at 4:45 pm to arrive at our agency in Paris around 8 pm.
What is included?
- Services of our guide.
- Round trip transport out of Paris in an air-conditioned coach.
- Wine tasting, depending on program.
- Entrance to the Châteaux of the Loire Valley, depending on program.
Metro : line 1, Station Tuileries; line 14 or 7, Station Pyramides.
Good to know
- Lunch is not included in summer time.
- In summer time, on Saturdays and Mondays, the itinerary changes :
- The château de Chambord visit is replaced by the château d’Amboise visit
- Lunch time takes place in Amboise instead of Chambord
- The wine tasting in Chambord is replaced by the Cave des Dômes wine cellar in Chenonceau.